[TriLUG] Vbox guest OS choices

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Thu Jul 10 14:19:40 EDT 2014

On 07/10/2014 09:46 AM, Ken MacKenzie wrote:
> So I have been trying to kill out the use of hardware windows installs in
> the house.  It has been an issue mainly because of a printer/scanner combo
> (lexmark X75) that will just not cooperate with linux.  Yes I know I need
> to get a new printer, but hey it works and ink cost is still reasonably low.

I have an older Lexmark office-sized printer that prints cheaply and
well, in black and white. I had a heckuva time setting it up to work
with cups. I had to install guttenprint before it would work at all.

It's ancient but, for $50 used, I got even with HP over their extremely
high use cost. I was very determined to get it to work for the revenge
factor! :) Ric

This is the cups setting:
Lexmark Optra S 1250 Foomatic/Postscript (recommended) (grayscale,
2-sided printing)