[TriLUG] linux-friendly printer (was Re: Vbox guest OS choices)

Pete Soper pete at soper.us
Fri Jul 11 09:53:07 EDT 2014

I'm very satisfied with my Samsung SL-M2785FD/XAC BW
laser/scanner/copier/fax that I got from Newegg for $150 around
Christmas. Being able to stick a stack of pages into it and click on
(Linux app) "simple scan" to create a PDF is pure heaven. This works for
me with (64 bit) Debian 7 and Lubuntu 13.10. Friends come over with
their smart phones and print directly to it. I haven't found any cheapo
toner refill kits for this printer, though.

-Pete