[TriLUG] Email to confirm removal from list

Steve Holton sph0lt0n at gmail.com
Fri Jul 11 13:13:58 EDT 2014

On a mailman(tm) mailing list (like TriLUG) there is a way for anyone who
knows your email address to ask the server to send you a self-removal offer
with a handy clickable link.

If you ignore it, you shouldn't see another for a while.

I use this on other mailing lists where the list administrator is less than
attentive and subscribers send the "....somebody get me off this list..."
to the posting address.

NOTE: I did not request your removal. ;-)