[TriLUG] Web server Research question

Tim Jowers timjowers at gmail.com
Sat Jul 12 05:54:15 EDT 2014

Or an applet or activex control. :-)
If they aren't changing the files, then maybe you can mount a share at
startup. Or use a mirroring app. Could also give them an "H", or "home"
drive, so each user has their H: mapped to a server folder. Then your
server app could automagically drop the files in there.
I used Ubuntu One a little for file mirroring with a bookkeeper. It worked
fine but only on winblows and ubuntu. In the end SVN was better for what I
needed. Its not as auto-magic but works everywhere and has great history
support. I never went as far as determining if Ubuntu One had an SDK for
apps to drop in files etc.