[TriLUG] Seminar idea: Spacewalk

Scott G. Hall scott at hallcomm-inc.com
Mon Jul 14 16:35:56 EDT 2014

I do not have any experience with Spacewalk, but I am very interested in
learning more about it.

Any club members who are Spacewalk experts out there willing to take up info on
it at a TriLUG meeting some night ?  If not, is this topic worth bringing
somebody in ?

from http://spacewalk.redhat.com/ :

    Spacewalk is an open source Linux systems management solution. Spacewalk is
    the upstream community project from which the Red Hat Satellite product is
    derived. Spacewalk manages software content updates for Red Hat derived
    distributions such as Fedora, CentOS, and Scientific Linux, [...]

    [...] You can stage software content through different environments,
    managing the deployment of updates to systems and allowing you to view at
    which update level any given system is at across your deployment. [...]

    Spacewalk provides provisioning and monitoring capabilities, [...]

--
Scott G. Hall
Owner & Chief Engineer