[TriLUG] WiFi quality monitoring

Igor Partola igor at igorpartola.com
Thu Aug 14 18:28:14 EDT 2014

John, I will try that. Reading about attenuators currently to see whether
those can help. I also just saw in the router's manual that it says:

"This device has been designed to operate with the antennas listed below,
and having a maximum gain of 5 dBi. Antennas not included in this list or
having a gain greater than 3 dBi are strictly prohibited for use with this
device. The required antenna impedance is 50 ohms."

So I put 9dBi antennas on this thing, while the device is designed to not
go over 5 dBi and the stock antennas are 2 dBi at 2.4 GHz and 3 dBi at 5
GHz (listed below in the manual). So perhaps switching antennas back to the
stock ones would solve it too.

Igor