[TriLUG] linode, VPN, SSH

Joseph Mack NA3T jmack at wm7d.net
Wed Aug 27 17:18:28 EDT 2014

I've worked at Federal Govt sites. I feel for you and for all the tax payers who
are dumping money into a system that won't do a thing for them.

> 1. Copy SSH keys
> 1.1. from the workstation to the linode.

do not copy your private keys anywhere unless you have physical control over
them, ie your laptop or the flashdrive in your hands that you have (rw)
permission on the directories concerned. eg do not put them on a govt machine
that one day you could find yourself locked out of without notice.

You can use ssh-agent to do a two hop authentication. You don't need to leave
private keys on the intermediate step machines.

Joe