[TriLUG] Have a job: Senior Web developer at Booster

Matthew Brown csmatt at vt.edu
Sun Aug 31 13:41:02 EDT 2014

Hello everyone,

My roommate's employer Booster is looking for a web developer with 4-5
years of PHP experience.  If you are interested feel free to apply at
http://boosteris.com/jobs (scroll down to "Web Developer") and please
mention "Michael Schneider" if asked about a referral contact.  Here is
a partial snippet of the description:

"SUMMARY & OBJECTIVE::

Booster (www.Boosterthon.com) is looking for a mid to senior level web
developer to continue to build our core business application used by
parents, sponsors, clients, and our team. Our team is focused on
responding and adapting to business needs, developing as a collaborative
team, and delivering value consistently. You will be creating features
based on requirements that you help define.

CORE RESPONSIBILITIES:

• Develop new features and products on our core business application and
other Booster sites.
• Collaborate with an agile development team and be committed to
accomplishing our goals on time.
• Assist in managing the overall codebase repository and hosting
architecture to minimize any downtime.
• Continually improve team processes and efficiency.
• Be active in code review and refactoring to ensure a excellent,
sustainable, and flexible product.
• Understand Booster’s business and engage on how to best deliver value
to our customers.

CORE REQUIREMENTS:

• Proficient knowledge of PHP programming (4-5 years of experience)
• Significant knowledge of MySQL - Its limitations, advantages, and how
to best optimize your queries.
• Experience with APIs and working with CodeIgniter or other PHP MVC is
preferred.
• Expert at Object Oriented Development - Utilize knowledge about design
patterns to create well structured code.
• Experience and understanding of deployment technologies, source
control, and server management.
• Experience with Git and Github
• Knowledge of HTML design including CSS, Javascript, jQuery, AJAX, and
HTML5"
--
MB