[TriLUG] OFF-TOPIC - microwave radiation

David Both dboth at millennium-technology.com
Tue Sep 9 21:06:16 EDT 2014

Not sure where else to get opinions on this. It is WAY off topic.

Just today (September 09, 2014) I was using my Kindle HDX to browse through my
FaceBook account when I got the message on screen that I could post messages
while offline. I checked the signal strength icon and it was gone. My wife had
just started the microwave to heat the broccoli. As soon as the microwave
stopped, my wireless signal returned.

In this case the microwave oven leaks enough radiation to jam the wireless
signal even though I was about 15 feet from the microwave when this occurred.
You should find that scary.

This is a Panasonic Model NN-SD787/797.

Does anyone have an RF/Microwave Signal strength meter I could use to check the
leakage?

Perhaps this would explain my continuing frequent brain farts. ;-) Where is the
aluminum foil?

David P. Both, RHCE
Millennium Technology Consulting LLC
Raleigh, NC, USA
919-389-8678

dboth at millennium-technology.com

www.millennium-technology.com
www.databook.bz - Home of the DataBook for Linux
DataBook is a Registered Trademark of David Both
This communication may be unlawfully collected and stored by the National Security Agency (NSA) in secret. The parties to this email do not consent to the retrieving or storing of this communication and any related metadata, as well as printing, copying, re-transmitting, disseminating, or otherwise using it. If you believe you have received this communication in error, please delete it immediately.