[TriLUG] Far, far OT: Thin-wall bushings

Brian lugmail at cheetah.dynip.com
Wed Sep 10 10:07:50 EDT 2014

Hi TriLUG,

List purists, please strike "Delete" now.

This has nothing at all to do with Linux, but the TriLUG list is home to
a great number of highly-knowledgeable hobbyists, so here goes.

I need a thin-wall metal bushing to adapt a 6mm motor shaft to a gear
with a 6.5mm bore.  Some time ago I found such a thing online, disguised
as a tail rotor shaft adapter for RC helicopters.  Perhaps foolishly, I
did not buy then; today, I cannot for the life of me find that part
again.  Google is giving me fits; regardless of my search terms it is
determined to show me headphone plugs and rifle ammunition.

I've ordered some 30-gauge brass sheet to roll my own (literally!), but
a seamless bushing seems like it would be better.

Any ideas?  I tried looking for thin-wall brass tubing, but I can't find
any with 6.0mm ID / 6.5mm OD.  K&S has 0.225mm-wall tubing, but the
largest OD there is 5.0mm.

I'll also accept tips on where else to pose my question.

Thanks!
~Brian

PS: It's for a DIY CNC drill-press.