[TriLUG] [TriLUG-announce] Update: TriLUG Meeting Tonight (Sept 11) - Room Change

Kevin Otte nivex at nivex.net
Fri Sep 12 11:47:32 EDT 2014

Links of interest from my lightning talk:

The device itself:
http://www.adafruit.com/products/1497

The receiver program I demoed:
http://gqrx.dk/
In Ubuntu 14.04 this is in package gqrx-sdr.

The command line tool I mentioned is rtl_fm. It is part of the rtl-sdr
package:
http://sdr.osmocom.org/trac/wiki/rtl-sdr

Oddly the packaged version in Debian 7 is newer that what's in Ubuntu
14.04. You'll probably want the newest version. I can drop my .debs in
TriLUG webspace if you want the quick way.

Information about how to use rtl_fm at:
http://kmkeen.com/rtl-demod-guide/

And a couple that got mentioned in the hallway track:
http://www.windytan.com/2013/09/the-burger-pager.html
http://www.sigidwiki.com