[TriLUG] OT: what is this cable?

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Mon Oct 13 05:16:21 EDT 2014

On 10/13/2014 01:59 AM, Ken MacKenzie wrote:
> It looks like the cable line.

You might be better served by calling Miss Utility which is usually a
811 call. Up here across the border in South Hill VA, My step-dad
~thought~ he knew where the fiber optic cable carrying part of the
Internet backbone was buried on their property. It's the cable that
serves Microsoft AND Apple and further down to Duke. He was wrong. They
severed all of that service and when the court got done with him he was
10 grand poorer. I talked to Sprint and it would be a grand a month to
tap that monster cable. If i hit the lotto, you KNOW what I'll be doing!
: Ric

Linux user# 44256