[TriLUG] [way OT] new auto recommendations (fwd)

Joseph Mack NA3T jmack at austintek.com
Fri Oct 17 19:38:39 EDT 2014

On Fri, 17 Oct 2014, Steve Litt wrote:

> I heard from a mechanic that Focus and Sable transmissions blow up early. Have
> you had any transmission problems at all

I've hadtwo Tauruses, one 199x, the tranny had to be rebuilt at 200k miles, the
2002, the trany had to be rebuilt at 125k miles. The 2002 car, the transmission
is quite small. The Ford user groups on the internet are full of the problems of
the current Ford transmissions. You have to plan to rebuild them

Joe

jmack (at) austintek (dot) com - azimuthal equidistant
map generator at http://www.wm7d.net/azproj.shtml