[TriLUG] HD HomeRun

Steve Pinkham steve.pinkham at gmail.com
Tue Nov 4 16:03:36 EST 2014

On 11/04/2014 12:04 PM, Brian McCullough wrote:> On Tue, Nov 04, 2014 at
11:05:41AM -0500, John Broome wrote:
>> Sounds like your OTA signal quality is bad.  You'll need to fiddle with
>> positioning to get the best signal possible.
>
> Unfortunately, the TV plugged into the same antenna cable ( if I move
> the cable ) is crystal clear, a beautiful signal.

Any idea how old your HD HomeRun is? Some of the early ones had bad A/C
adapters recalled because they had too much noise, and the first few
revisions had pretty crappy tuners relative to what you'll find in most
TVs these days.  Failing power supply was model SW20-S050-15 according
to the wayback machine:
http://wayback.archive.org/web/20080914015424/http://www.silicondust.com/hdhomerun/power/

You should check your firmware, direction your antenna is pointed(might
be OK for TV, but not good enough for HD Homerun tuner), and take the
status output(signal strength, signal quality, etc) of HD Homerun gui to
the forums.

Steve
--
 | Steven Pinkham, Senior Security Consultant |
 | https://www.mavensecurity.com              |