[TriLUG] Replicating a filesystem across datacenters

Matt Pusateri mpusateri at wickedtrails.com
Tue Nov 4 19:31:15 EST 2014

I’ve had iSCSI over WAN on storage hardware and it didn’t work too well  I suspect filesystem cluster over WAN would also suffer.  If you’re looking at the Hot Standby option.  you may want to looks at ZFS pools as you get snapshot sending built in. May be faster than LVM or rsync.  I’ve sent ZFS snapshots in production and they’ve always been relatively quick. I’ll admit I didn’t compare them  against other options as we already had ZFS being used.

Matt P.