[TriLUG] HD HomeRun

James Jones jc.jones at tuftux.com
Wed Nov 5 08:54:07 EST 2014

Brian,

Some people have had problems when upnp is disabled in the router.

I had a similar problem with a usb tv dongle on kaffeine. It would play SD
tv channels but play only a short period of HD channels, start pixelating,
then go blank. It was a configuration problem in xine. Can't remember
details but somewhere I have info on it. will look and report back.

jcj

On Wed, Nov 5, 2014 at 8:08 AM, Bill Farrow <bill at arrowsreach.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Nov 5, 2014 at 7:53 AM, Brian McCullough <bdmc at buadh-brath.com>
> wrote:
> > For instance, on channel 11.1, the config tool shows physical channel
> > 8vsb:11. Signal strength 100%, Signal quality 85%, Symbol quality 100%.
> >
> > When I start VLC and try to watch, I see a couple of seconds of good
> > program, and then it stops and breaks up and I may get a second or so of
> > audio periodically, but really, nothing.
>
> Smells like a network congestion issue. Can you try direct connecting
> the hdhomerun to your laptop without any switches in between. I had a
> similar issue running mine through my gigabit router/switch - although
> I think it was qos bogging things down.
>
> Bill
> --
> This message was sent to: jc jones <jc.jones at tuftux.com>