[TriLUG] HD HomeRun

Brian McCullough bdmc at buadh-brath.com
Thu Nov 6 01:15:59 EST 2014

On Wed, Nov 05, 2014 at 09:46:32AM -0500, Brian McCullough wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 05, 2014 at 08:08:05AM -0500, Bill Farrow wrote:
> >
> > Smells like a network congestion issue. Can you try direct connecting
> > the hdhomerun to your laptop without any switches in between. I had a
> > similar issue running mine through my gigabit router/switch - although
> > I think it was qos bogging things down.
>
> Hmmm.  Interesting thought.  Thank you, Bill.

Well, I did some more experimenting tonight, including running a cable
directly between the HDHomeRun and this laptop.

I didn't see any significant difference between that configuration and
the "normal" one.

I did confirm that, as JC suggested, all the SD channels seemed to play
well, as well as they did through the TV, while the HD channels are
almost unwatchable.  Really, they are unwatchable.  Some of them
continued to play good audio, but there was very little to see.

> I will try that tonight.  That then goes to the whole question of
> recording.  Do I remember hearing that MythTV runs on a PI?

Brian