[TriLUG] SWAP and SSD vs HDD

Tim Jowers timjowers at gmail.com
Thu Nov 6 08:39:56 EST 2014

Hi,

Pretty sure all <15 year old drives have solid state memory. the spinning
disks are used if that first level cache is not hit. So, if your idea is
that solid state will be less reliable than reads from a platter, then I
don't know if that is justified. Is it? Is this correct? Maybe some laptop
drives don't have the solid state cache?

Cheers,
Tim