[TriLUG] reverse ssh through firewall/NAT with a twist

Igor Partola igor at igorpartola.com
Sat Nov 15 13:40:50 EST 2014

IPv6! I was going to say that this is pretty much impossible without sshd
cooperating with a third-party service that does the NAT hole punching,
except in the case of UDP where you could do it without that.
IPv6-in-IPv4+UDP is a thing!

Here's how I'd set it up: go to SixXS and set up two AYIYA
(anything-in-anything) tunnels. It'll take a couple of days for it to be
approved. Once you have all the info, set up BusComp and HomeComp with IPv6
via AYIYA and the SixXS client. Now only these machines have IPv6 access
(make sure to firewall them off individually as the router is not going to
do this for you). Now just connect to the assigned IPv6 address.

Igor