[TriLUG] Using Btrfs

Randy Barlow randy at electronsweatshop.com
Wed Nov 19 14:55:01 EST 2014

Aaron, I must say that I am disappointed in the brevity (but not the
content) of your post. I saw your name and I thought, "Man! This is
going to be epic!", and it was one of the shorter posts you've written. ☺

P.S. I'm very excited about btrfs and have been using it on one of my
dev boxes for almost a year. It can be a bit slower than ext4 or xfs,
but it does have some compelling features. I agree with Aaron that
backups are super important no matter which FS you use, but you will
likely find yourself needing to use them more with btrfs than with the
other two. I learned that by lurking the dev list for a few years ☺