[TriLUG] mailman hosting with private searchable archives?

Aaron Joyner aaron at joyner.ws
Fri Nov 21 20:53:56 EST 2014

Google Groups?  You can all the controls to achieve a private list with the
features you describe.  If you want a little more control you can do it
with Google Apps for Work, which makes it easier to clamp things on a
defined boundary (the domain), rather than allowing arbitrary email
addresses to sign up to the lists.  You could still reject requests to
join, or disallow requests entirely and hand-manage the list, the Apps for
Work tools just make it a bit easier, for a modest cost.  There's also a
support contact then, should you choose to vacate and someone
less-technical needs to click the right buttons in the future.