[TriLUG] How does one install LXDE or Xfce on CentOS?

Steve Litt slitt at troubleshooters.com
Thu Jan 1 17:05:18 EST 2015

On Thu, 1 Jan 2015 13:30:59 -0500
Leonard Boyle <boyle.len at gmail.com> wrote:

> Steve fedora has prebuilt downloads with LXDE and Xfce installed.
> see http://spins.fedoraproject.org/

Thank you Leonard. I'm downloading the LXDE "spin" right now.

> for a few more words along the line of this email series see:
>
> http://fedoramagazine.org/5tftw-five-fedora-21-faqs/

The article pointed to by the preceding link looks like almost pure
propaganda to me.

I like the way OpenBSD does server and desktop and workstation. You
install Core minus X and games, and bang, you have server. Install X
and your favorite window manager and bang, you have desktop, with all
the services you need.

SteveT