[TriLUG] TriLUG] TWC raises modem rental - again

Bill Farrow bill at arrowsreach.com
Sat Jan 3 09:44:45 EST 2015

On Sat, Jan 3, 2015 at 9:28 AM, David  Both
<dboth at millennium-technology.com> wrote:
> Any recommendations on replacing my TWBC Ubee modem? Despite the fact that
> modem rental appears to be bundled I really find it unreliable as it does
> not reconnect automatically after a neighborhood dropout.

I would absolutely recommend insisting that TWC replace your Ubee
cable modem with a Motorola model.

I had nothing but trouble from a TWC BC (business class) Ubee modem -
it would go offline for 5min to 5hrs every couple of days until
rebooted, and at one point it reset itself to factory defaults and TWC
BC had to remotely reconfigure it. Search this mailing list if you
want more details.

If you decide to buy your own modem, get the Motorola SB6141.

Bill