[TriLUG] TLDP

Randy Barlow randy at electronsweatshop.com
Sun Jan 4 13:54:43 EST 2015

On 01/04/2015 04:28 AM, Jason Evans wrote:
> do you have any suggestions on
> where I can go to volunteer?

Hi Jason!

I work on The Pulp Project[0], and we would love help with our own
documentation[1][2][3][4][5]. It's a repository and consumer management
platform, and it's pluggable so that it can be made to support different
content types. It makes it easy to manage dev --> testing --> production
workflows on repositories, and can also push content out to consumers
(machines that are subscribed to repositories). It has a REST interface,
which makes it easy to integrate with it. So far we've got support for
Docker, Puppet, Python, and RPM content. We've also got some people
working on Debian support[6], and we'd love anyone's help in writing
support for more types. It's a Python project, and our documentation is
written in Sphinx[7][8][9][10][11].

If you are interested feel free to write me directly, or join us in
#pulp on Freenode. And just in case you thought I didn't have enough
links in this e-mail, we also have a mailing list[12].

A good way to get started is to work on documentation bugs. We currently
use Bugzilla to track our documentation issues[13], but we are
considering migrating to a Redmine instance soon.

[0] http://www.pulpproject.org/
[1] https://pulp.readthedocs.org/en/latest/
[2] https://pulp-docker.readthedocs.org/en/latest/
[3] https://pulp-puppet.readthedocs.org/en/latest/