[TriLUG] mail.trilug.org server cert issue

Scott Chilcote scottchilcote at ncrrbiz.com
Mon Jan 5 10:03:27 EST 2015

Hello TriLUG,

This is the first time I've used thunderbird to collect my
mail.trilug.org mail via imap since before the holidays.  It's been
repeatedly popping up a warning dialog informing me that the certificate
at mail.trilug.org has expired.  If I view the certificate, it says that
it was issued by StartCom Class 1 Primary Intermediate Server CA, and
that the certificate begins on 1/17/11 and expired on 1/18/12.  The SHA1
Fingerprint starts with 92 and ends with SF.  I'm using STARTTLS as the
connection security setting, and "Normal Password" for authentication.

How did it get so far out of date?  Are people overriding the
certificate exception in order to use this sever?

Thanks much,

   Scott C.

--
Scott Chilcote