[TriLUG] IPv6 equivalent to dhclient list

Aaron Joyner aaron at joyner.ws
Tue Jan 6 21:07:58 EST 2015

Oh, you said you didn't want to do that...  Whoops...  :)  That is the
canonical way that I know of to get the list of ipv6 hosts.  Unless you
want to do the truly awful idea of running DHCP for v6 hosts to get a
leases file, it's probably what you're left with.

ip -6 neigh, under the hood, is asking the kernel directly over a raw
socket.  I didn't find any convenient interface to that data via
/proc/sys/net.  I think you're stuck calling ip from the CGI... but why is
that bad?