[TriLUG] SpamAssassin + ??? + Postfix == PROFIT!!

matt at noway2.thruhere.net matt at noway2.thruhere.net
Mon Jan 12 15:04:58 EST 2015

> I dunno.  AHBL owner announced last APRIL that he was going to be
> turning down the site and changing the settings as announced.  Seems
> like plenty long for people to adjust to the on-coming changes.
>
> I agree that the changes he made, to blacklist everything, is pretty
> harsh.
>
> --[Lance]

Not entirely sure I agree with this assessment, at least at the individual
user level.  Spam Assassin is a virtual Swiss Army Knife of spam tools to
where the regular user likely doesn't even know what all it does under the
hood and it is even more doubtful that they subscribe to all the news
lists on the tools.

That said, the maintainers should have addressed the issue a while back.
It wasn't until something broke that I even realized that there was an
issue that needed to be addressed.

I will say that blacklisting everything was, if nothing else, a quick way
to bring about a change.