[TriLUG] OT: local source for logic ICs?

matt at noway2.thruhere.net matt at noway2.thruhere.net
Fri Jan 16 16:31:36 EST 2015

When I was a kid, it was a common Saturday morning ritual for my dad to
take the tubes out of the TV, go up to the local drug store, put them in
the tester, buy some replacements, put the new ones in, and repeat a
couple of times till the TV worked again.

Then I remember seeing a 'solid state' TV around 1980 for the first time.
I was amazed.

The last CRT based TV I bought, I think for the travel trailer, had a
picture tube and a small 3x4 inch circuit board - that was it.