[TriLUG] Google Fiber

matt at noway2.thruhere.net matt at noway2.thruhere.net
Wed Jan 28 09:51:10 EST 2015

"I do not understand all the negative sentiments on Google."
and
"Why am filled with long term apprehension?"

The issue isn't that they're bringing much needed competition to a market
that has seen it artificially corrupted out of it in the name of high
costs for substandard service.

The issue with Google is that they are not a benevolent entity and have
demonstrated ulterior motives on multiple past occasions, including being
party to the mass dragnet surveillance of citizens.  Deals with the Devil
usually sound attractive on the surface and this is no exception.

I am leery of any data going over an ISP's wire.  I would be doubly so of
Google and this is a lot of why I quit using them as a search engine a
long time ago.