[TriLUG] Google Fiber

Brian Cottingham spiffytech at gmail.com
Wed Jan 28 10:13:37 EST 2015

TOR isn't limited as much by the bandwidth as by the latency caused by your
data taking a very indirect path to your destination. It hops back and
forth across the world, even doubling back through geographic areas it's
already been through, to reduce your trackability. Google Fiber (and any
other change to consumer internet) won't dampen that latency hit.