[TriLUG] Google Fiber

bak bak at picklefactory.org
Wed Jan 28 10:25:38 EST 2015

Well, what I see is that the world’s largest advertising company would also like to be my ISP. It’s like NetZero writ large, 20 years later. :D

As they enjoy an essentially unlimited amount of money from their online advertising cartel and have attracted a great deal of top-flight technical talent, they’ll have no problem being a great ISP in comparison to the the profit-shaving, regulatory-capturing other cartel that provides broadband services around here.

It’s their size and their other activities that make me apprehensive, not their forays into ISPhood.

—bak