[TriLUG] No wrap <span>?

Jeremy Davis jeremyhwllc at gmail.com
Wed Jan 28 21:26:24 EST 2015

Here is an interesting thing called Spread:
http:// <http://jellyvision.github.io/spread>jellyvision.github.io
<http://jellyvision.github.io/spread>/spread
<http://jellyvision.github.io/spread>/

I am throwing it out there because:

1. I think this open source project dabbles in the things you are
discussing and it might be useful down the road.
2. It looks really cool, I don't recall seeing anything like it before.
3. It is a creation of Mike Else, one of my all time favorite musicians. He
releases all music creative commons, the least I can do is mention his open
source project.

I admit I have no idea how to actually use it yet. If anyone uses it please
let me know, I would like to see it in action.

Spread is a fluid grid system based on the Golden Grid System.

http:// <http://www.goldengridsystem.com>www.goldengridsystem.com

Jeremy Davis
On Wed, 28 Jan 2015 19:29:59 -0500
Igor Partola <igor at igorpartola.com> wrote:

> Yes, I think you need white-space: nowrap. You also, I believe, need
> to have the element with a width property, and therefore as display:
> inline-block, and overflow: scroll.
>
> Igor

Exactly Igor. I sent my last message accidentally too early. Fatfinger
on the Ctrl+Enter.

So far, I haven't needed the width, display: inline-block; and overflow:
scroll; , but now that you've given me a heads up, I'll keep an eye out
for any misbehavior with the pure white-space: nowrap; CSS.

Thanks,

SteveT

This message was sent to: Jeremy Davis <jeremyhwllc at gmail.com>