[TriLUG] MySQL Replication

Brian McCullough bdmc at buadh-brath.com
Thu Jan 29 16:40:22 EST 2015

On Thu, Jan 29, 2015 at 03:14:43PM -0500, Ken M wrote:
> Have you checked if it is perhaps a firewall issue.

Nope, no firewall between them.  They are both inside the firewall,
side-by-side in a rack.

> The boxes will need to be able to communicate with each other on the port that MySQL listens on.  Default port for MySQL is typically 3306.  It is also typically closed in most production setups.  When you open the port you should specify the ip addresses allowed to communicate through that port in your rules.

Yes, part of the replication setup was to change the listening address
from 127.0.0.1 to 0.0.0.0.

When I try to log in as a "normal" user from one machine to the other, I
get:

ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'user'@'i.p.ad.ress' (using
password: YES)

Brian