[TriLUG] Article on Radio Shack's Demise

Glenn Hennessee via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Wed Feb 18 13:36:56 EST 2015

Southeastern Radio and Electronics on Hillsborough St in Raleigh did a good
business but finally closed 15+ years ago. I know that the Chemistry
department at NCSU bought a lot of resistors, capacitors, etc there because
I went along a number of times. When electronics in instruments went to LSI
it ended our going there because instruments were no longer end user
repairable.

On Wed, Feb 18, 2015 at 10:11 AM, via TriLUG <trilug at trilug.org> wrote:

> I came across an article that I thought was interesting and thought I
> would pass it on:
>
> http://www.economist.com/news/science-and-technology/21643461-radio-shack-lost-its-way-when-it-ditched-its-hobbyist-customers-making-it
>
> It discusses a lot of topics that have come across this mailing list over
> the last several months such as the Raspberry Pi and the evolution of
> hobbyist electronics.
>
> It also provides a trip down memory lane for middle age folks such as
> myself that got their first computer, a Commodore 64, back when their age
> was in the single digits, talking about the Altair, the Z80, and green
> screen monitors.
> --
> This message was sent to: glenn.hennessee at gmail.com <
> glenn.hennessee at gmail.com>