[TriLUG] LUG: [TriLUG-announce] Meeting 12 March: Performance Analysis

Bill Farrow via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Tue Feb 24 23:08:18 EST 2015

On Tue, Feb 24, 2015 at 5:11 PM, Joshua Small <jmsmall at ncsu.edu> wrote:
> I have a small question about calendar invites in case anyone knows the
> answer:
>
> My question is, do these emails have this capability that I can use or
> set-up, or could it be added to work simply by clicking a button every time?

Hey Josh,
I think I know what you want and we can probably get half way there
with the Drupal module "Add to Cal". This will hopefully present a
button that retrieves an iCal file with all of the event details - and
your personal calendar program would then add it to your calendar. I'm
working on this solution now...

I say that we can only get 50% of the way because you wanted this in
the email itself, but our mailing list is configured for plain-text
emails only, and this might mean you have to click on the link to the
website to get to the iCal button.

Bill