[TriLUG] Move over Google: Wilson, NC did it a long, long time ago

Matt Flyer via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Fri Feb 27 15:35:20 EST 2015

1) When you sign up for Internet service, there is NO, NADA, ZERO agreement.  It is accepting an ultimatum.  Period.  To pretend that there is, is absurd.

2) as has already been shown, the market is an effective monopoly due to lack of real competition.  What's more is that the industry even attempted to strengthen their hold through legislating out the most visible opportunity for competition.

3) corporations are legal entities granted evidence at the behest of the govt and by extension the people.  The idea that they don't owe transparency and a lot more to the people is also absurd even if it is protected by the laws.  These corporations have behaved badly and ripped off the people whom they were supposed to serve and are now receiving their just desserts.  I hope it hurts them like hell.

Sent from my iPad