[TriLUG] FS: Dell Vostro 1500 laptop

Jeff T. Riffer via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Sun Mar 1 11:30:08 EST 2015

On Sat, 28 Feb 2015, David Burton via TriLUG wrote:
> 9 cell:
> http://www.ebay.com/sch/Laptop-Batteries-/14295/i.html?_from=R40&ghostText=&_sop=15&Number%2520of%2520Cells=9&_nkw=Vostro+1500&_dcat=14295&rt=nc&LH_ItemCondition=1000

It's got a 9 cell battery now, which still offers a usable battery life of
an hour to two hours depending on what you're doing with it.

> That machine is not a speedster by today's standards, but not too bad.

It was a beast when purchased for my wife's business when she was starting
out! It's also rather heavy and bulky. I'd say it's suitable for an older
kid's play laptop or for using as a modest server (i.e. DNS,, SMTP, etc).

I've thrown Ubuntu 14 on it (64-bit) and verified everything works. Oh, and
it's got a 111GB hard drive (actual capacity), so modest storage.