[TriLUG] Tax Software

Matt Flyer via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Wed Mar 4 11:43:50 EST 2015

Out of curiosity, do you know what sort of things caused such a difference?  Was it different deductions and credits or was it simply calculating things against the tables differently?  Would you say your taxes are particularly complex?  I am now curious to run mine through TT for comparison, though like I said, they're pretty simple.  Do you know if there is an online try it and see?

In my case, the refund numbers made qualitative sense.  I had much less loan interest and this affected me a bit compared to last year.  I also heard a lot of complaints about people now owing the State and previously having a refund.  This makes sense in that we were warned about this happening with the rate changes and needed to recalculate the state withholdings.  I kept mine the same and my refund was reduced, as expected.

Sent from my iPad