[TriLUG] The sad state of sysadmin in the age of containers

Matt Flyer via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Fri Mar 13 16:07:40 EDT 2015

A dev may have been coerced, as the $5 wrench is still effective, however, if this code were reviewed and the hidden treasures were discovered your reputation would become toast and this would lead to a flurry of eyes pouring over all previous work too.  In theory, this is one of the core strengths of the open source model: it makes it harder to plant malicious code.

Alto, WRT your statement about a proper CA system making a better defense against nation state level threats: I hate to say it, but I fear that is a big problem today and it is only going to get worse as things become more unglued.  Not that long ago, I would not have believed this end would have even seen the US govt as being at worst a neutral partner whose goals were in line with my own.  Now, I see them as the enemy.

Sent from my iPad