[TriLUG] Some script help

Brian Blater via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Fri May 8 12:41:02 EDT 2015

Thank you for the suggestions so far. I can always count on this group for
all kinds of suggestions.

So, one thing to note is that for testing I was just doing the copy on a
local machine in different directories. How does this change things if the
actual files are on a remote server only available via SSH? I was thinking
once I got the local stuff working I would just use SCP for the remote
directory.

Again, I'm not partial to regex to "skin this cat", but simple is always
better. So, what would you use for this "script" knowing that the source
files are on a remote server accessible via ssh/scp, both boxes are linux
boxes, I need to copy the latest file from source machine to the
destination machine that is running the script and I need to leave 7 days
worth of files on source, with any older ones being deleted?

Brian