[TriLUG] Help chasing a Postfix rabbit

Alan Porter via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Thu May 14 12:49:19 EDT 2015

> In other words, postfix should treat *.cheetah.dynip.com as a local domain.  Can I just put *.$mydomain into my postfix $mydestination configuration?  Will it understand the wildcard?

You might want to add an entry for ".cheetah.dynip.com" in the transport
table, if you have one.  I am not sure what the destination would be.
In my case (and in trilug's case), it is "dovecot:".  Maybe you'd want
"local:".  But it looks like you want to drop that mail instead of
attempting local delivery.

Maybe you'd want a "check_recipient_access" rule under
smtpd_recipient_restrictions.  See examples on pilot in the /etc/postfix
directory.  I have rules for specific recipient domains.  I think you
can prefix a dot to the domain to mean "any subdomain of".

Alan