[TriLUG] OT: Tablet Recommendations

Noah Sevier via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Sat May 16 21:28:23 EDT 2015

I've been using a Nexus 7 for a while now. Fits in a back pocket, made by Asus, and it's rooted and runs Vanir ROM, which is currently at lollipop and is based on Cyanogenmod. I use Pageturner for epubs and mupdf for PDF files. Works great, can get the nook and amazon apps if you need them, and it's a bit more open and stable than the Fire and Samsung tablets (which I can't recommend - my wife got one, and we're replacing it after sending it back for service once already)