[TriLUG] Dell 2950 rails for TriLUG use?

Jack Hill via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Wed Jun 3 12:08:58 EDT 2015

On Wed, 3 Jun 2015, Mauricio Tavares wrote:

> On Wed, Jun 3, 2015 at 7:48 AM, Jack Hill via TriLUG <trilug at trilug.org> wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> We are making progress on setting up TriLUG's new server. We have ordered
>> drives (5 1TB). The next item on the list is rack-mount rails. Before we
>> purchase any, does anyone have any rails that fit Dell PowerEdge 2950
>> servers that they would be willing to donate to the LUG or sell at a reduced
>> price?
>>
>      If you can provide me with apart number/pict or something to
> help me out identify it in a pile of unloved rails, I might be able to
> get something.

This Amazon item shows the rails

http://www.amazon.com/Dell-PowerEdge-2950-Upgrade-package/dp/B007JM008E

I'm not sure of the Dell part number. The important thing is the spacing
of the "slots" on the inside part of the rails. Perhaps Brian, who is in
possession of the machine can provide the measurements.

In addition of Dell fancy rails, generic shelf rails, like

http://www.amazon.com/Universal-Adjustable-Enclosure-Cabinet-4POSTRAILKIT1U/dp/B00AO1W2F6/

would also work.

Thanks for looking,
Jack