[TriLUG] Gentoo Networking Problem

Ken Mink via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Fri Jun 19 14:36:37 EDT 2015

Hello All,

     I am using Gentoo for my desktop OS. When I am connecting to work
via vpnc, I end up with a slight problem. Everything will be going along
fine and them the nic that the vpnc rides on top of renews it's lease
and I get a new resolv.conf, squashing the entries from the vpn. Once
that happens, I can no longer resolve work hostnames. If I disconnect
from the vpn and re-establish it, things will be fine.

     Any thoughts on how to get the resolv.conf to not be over-written
as long the vpn is connected?