[TriLUG] Gentoo Networking Problem

Phil Smith via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Fri Jun 19 22:03:18 EDT 2015

I also use Gentoo, if you can cat /etc/resolv.conf while everything is working correctly, perhaps you can create /etc/resolv.conf.head,  /etc/resolv.conf.tail (these are not updated on DHCP update at some arbitrary refresh time) that preserve the functionality you require.  Otherwise, you will have to debug the mis-configuration your DHCP (there are many, I use dhcpcd) client is generating, and update it's config file, usually in /etc/{DHCP-your-client-name}.

# Generated by dhcpcd from enp2s0.dhcp
# /etc/resolv.conf.head can replace this line
domain attlocal.net
nameserver 192.168.1.254
# /etc/resolv.conf.tail can replace this line

     On Friday, June 19, 2015 5:33 PM, Stephen P. Schaefer via TriLUG <trilug at trilug.org> wrote:

>      Any thoughts on how to get the resolv.conf to not be over-written
> as long the vpn is connected?
> --

I don't know Gentoo, but in CentOS 7, you can put something like this in
/etc/dhcp/dhclient.conf

    supersede domain-search "internal.rfmd.com", "tqs.com",
    "schaefer-home.org";

If it's not the same file, it should be hiding somewhere else.

    - Stephen
--
This message was sent to: Phil Smith <mazphil57 at yahoo.com>