[TriLUG] cut the TV cable

Wes Garrison via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Wed Jul 1 11:10:20 EDT 2015

I've got an older HD Homerun that's supported by MythTV that I'm not using.

The one I linked to yesterday will also work well with Myth.
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00GY0UB54/

-Wes

_________________________________
Wesley S. Garrison
Network Engineer
Xitech Communications, Inc.
phone:  (919) 260-0803
pager:   (919) 869-1744
fax:       (919) 932-5051
__________________________________
"Lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from email."

On Wed, Jul 1, 2015 at 10:36 AM, Ken Mink via TriLUG <trilug at trilug.org>
wrote:

> On 07/01/2015 09:50 AM, Tim Jowers via TriLUG wrote:
>
>> Here's the antenna I have. Get 31 channels in Wake Forest. Was $50. Not
>> all
>> are perfect but many are.
>>
>> http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=8203587&srkey=D219-1074
>> Looks to be identical to the Amazon link earlier; but TD image shows two
>> units (each unit has 2 arrays).
>> http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000FVVKQM/
>> I can pick up the UNC channels better if position differently; so, need
>> another one. I read combining is not an issue with digital. Also, in attic
>> which is reflective coated in rafters but doesn't seem to affect signal
>> reception.
>>
>> Would buy another if I can learn what adapter will work with MythTV?
>> Anyone know what card or usb adapter I can buy which will work with MythTV
>> or other Linux TV recording software?
>>
>> Thanks!
>> Tim
>>

> I am using MythTV with an antenna. I just, as in last night, switched to
> the antenna, so there's fine tuning to do yet. However, I am using an older
> HD-Homerun and a Hauppauge HVR-2250 to tune from the antenna. Both can
> handle Clear QAM(cable) and ATSC(broadcast).
>
> Ken
>

>> On Tue, Jun 30, 2015 at 6:44 PM, Jeremy Davis via TriLUG <
>> trilug at trilug.org>
>> wrote:
>>
>>  I previosly mentioned that I use Pandora for music with the Roku.
>>> However,
>>> since the conversation also covers copyrighted content, piracy, ethics,
>>> and
>>> the free/open source way of doing things... I must add, for the last few
>>> years I have almost completely boycotted music that is not licensed
>>> Creative Commons. So Pandora on my Roku happens occasionally because it
>>> is
>>> convenient. However, 95% of the time I listen to music downloaded from