[TriLUG] Being a "Super User" sucks!

Steve Litt via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Fri Jul 3 12:24:36 EDT 2015

On Fri, 3 Jul 2015 00:36:26 -0400
Brian Weaver via TriLUG <trilug at trilug.org> wrote:

> I'm running a really old version of DBmail on my home server and I
> want to migrate it to the newest version.

[snip]

> The final test is to connect with a mail client and see if it all
> works. That when my world turns upside down and stops working. When
> the hell did Thunderbird become as painful to use as Outlook &
> Exchange!?

If you're connecting via IMAP, I've found Claws-Mail to have something
like 5X the performance of Thunderbird. I've found Thunderbird to be so
slow as to appear completely broken. I don't know if this would help
you, but when I use my local desktop box copy of Dovecot, I find
Claws-Mail is *much* faster and easier to use as a repository to
repository transfer agent than Thunderslow.

HTH,

SteveT

Steve Litt
June 2015 featured book: The Key to Everyday Excellence
http://www.troubleshooters.com/key