[TriLUG] OT: Drone Zone

Peter Neilson via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Sat Jul 11 07:58:41 EDT 2015

On Sat, 11 Jul 2015 07:37:50 -0400, Mauricio Tavares via TriLUG
<trilug at trilug.org> wrote:

>       Stupid question: where does the liability stay? Is the company
> going to cover for accidents both drone operator and customer?

In some rural places if your dog comes onto my property and "worries" my
livestock (causes them to run through fences, or attacks them and tears
them up) I have the legal right to shoot your dog. (If it were you,
yourself, I would generally not have the right to shoot you, however.)
Should I have a right to shoot down a trespassing drone that panics my
horses? Should drones carry large and visible registration numbers like
cars and airplanes?