[TriLUG] mostly OT: movies on the go?

Francois Dion via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Mon Jul 20 12:39:05 EDT 2015

Dewey, sounds like something for project night...

As far as reliability and the Pi in an automotive environment, I've had one
in my "hackermobile" for 3 years, still working fine. It is used as a
server and print spooler (yeah, usually have a printer on board, although
my laser printer "died" so it is used in my office instead). I used a WDTV
for some years for the video aspect of things with an external usb HD. My
electrical system on the van is on a timer, so after the van is turned off,
the Pi has plenty of time to shutdown on its own (initially I did it with
bluetooth, detecting when I'd walk away from the van to start a shutdown -h
now).

I thought I had posted it in english somewhere, but at least you can look
at the pictures (it's in spanish) :)

http://raspberry-python.blogspot.com/2012/09/systema-embebido.html

I also have a backup camera and a secondary screen where a rear view mirror
would be (conversion van, there is no way to see through the rear windows
anyway) and can route any source to any screen.

Francois

On Mon, Jul 20, 2015 at 12:18 PM, Dewey Hylton via TriLUG <trilug at trilug.org

raspberry-python.blogspot.com - www.pyptug.org - www.3DFutureTech.info -
@f_dion