[TriLUG] Linux Careers in the Triangle

Greg Pubill via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Thu Jul 23 10:54:31 EDT 2015

Hi,

Thanks for asking, my degree is called "Technical Management" from
DeVry, and quite honestly I would have preferred Computer Science or
Information Systems but that was the program that accepted most of my
aging credits.

I did however, made sure I took Networking courses for every elective I
took and just last month I passed the CCNA exam. But really I would love
to stay focused on Linux, I took the CCNA because some advisors really
talk it up as a "hot cert"

I know my degree sound more like "Project Management" but I really don't
want to be the guy working from Gantt charts :-)

I would rather work towards becoming a subject matter expert in Linux,
which I know platforms are moving to cloud computing and VMs so I think
the network background should help too.

Thank you,

Greg